After rolling around the idea of developing a blog for a year or so, I finally bit the bullet and decided to do it. This was a lengthy decision-making process for me. I felt lured to blogging, but felt very intimidated by the details. I kept telling myself I shouldn’t blog because:
- I’m not famous. Who am I to publish my thoughts and experiences on the internet? I mean, beyond Facebook?
- I’m not perfect. Why would people want to read about my life?
- I do not have a narrow subject matter expertise. I am not an expert at any one God-given talent.
- I don’t know how to blog. I’m not tech savvy, per se.
However, over the course of the past year, I have overcome those self-doubts. The desire to reach out beyond my immediate daily circle, seeking the chance that I might be able to help others by sharing information has become stronger than my doubts. I have decided to blog for the following reasons:
- Famous people aren’t always that smart anyway.
- Life is perfectly imperfect. It’s through our flaws and our failings that we have the most to learn and share.
- I’m hoping to increase personal growth and fulfillment of myself and others through this experience.
- I guess if you’re reading this, then I am tech savvy enough to blog!
The main topics I expect to post about will be related to family, fitness, fuel (food), travel, personal development, and professional development. The foundation of my passions and experiences are all rooted in these core areas. I hope you can relate to one or more of these topics and enjoy coming along for the ride. I look forward to reading your comments!